Volunteering in Ghana 2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Updates

Godwin is doing better since about a month ago when he became ill with what was thought to be a stomach ulcer and typhoid. I was able to wire him some funds to cover the hospital bill and some extra for teacher salaries (the money did not come from the donated funds for the school project). I found out that they received it nearly two weeks ago...

I have purchased a plane ticket today and will be returning to Ghana November 5th (flexible). There are a few more things I must take care of before heading out. Anti-malarial will be the most expensive thing to do before I go. Luckily, I will not need to get vaccinations again but the malaria medicine is an unfortunate must.

The recalculated goal will hopefully be reached by way of donations before my intended date of departure. One of the fundraisers coming up is a bake sale at the Community Center in Adams, Wisconsin October 22nd. I appreciate all the support thus far and now I intend to carefully invest the money donated into the appropriate project as I stay in Ghana again during November.

As a contributing team, we are 3/5ths of the way to the goal. I will be doing whatever I can to attain the goal before I go and I am confident that it will be reached. Many people whom I know and whom I do not know have inspired me, thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment